Saturday, November 15, 2014

Review for Counting Stars by Alannah Carbonneau

23257672



Blurb


Counting Stars is an emotionally charged romance about love and loss – and learning to live after everything you’ve lived for has died.

I was with him for six years. Derek was my life, my future, and my dream come true. We had it all – the house, the cars, rings on our fingers, and we were even discussing a baby. Derek was my high school sweetheart, my lover, and my best friend.

Derek is dead.

At only twenty-two years old I am a widow. I’ve spent the last year of my life filtering through self-help books – searching for a way to heal the remnants of my heart.

I am broken.

It is my incessant searching that leads me to booking a month long trip with The Donnelley’s Wild Land Tour’s. I was supposed to tour with Gracie – but she is incapacitated and she’s left me in Logan’s care. If I could, I would turn and walk away from this tour. But I can’t. This is my last chance at learning to live again.

Logan doesn’t know I’m broken. When he looks at me, I feel strong again. I feel alive. He pushes me to learn new things, to experience new ways, and to fight. Logan, in all his bluntness has taught me to fight for what I want and what I believe in. I don’t know how it happened, but Logan picked up the pieces of my heart and helped me to rebuild it. In him, I’ve found acceptance in the hardest thing I had to face.

We all have a path, and for me, my path has been beautifully painful. I was fated; both blessed and cursed, to love two men with the entirety of my heart. Looking back, I wouldn’t change a day, because the pain of the lost life I had with Derek led me to the beautiful present I cherish with Logan.

***This novel does NOT end in a cliffhanger. It is a heartwarming romance for everyone who loves a happy ending. This is the first of four novels – each novel will feature a different Donnelley Brother. This can be read as a stand-alone!***



Tonya's Review


5 stars


I wasn't sure what to expect when I first got this book, but boy and I glad that I took a chance on it. This book is an emotional roller coaster, that's for sure. I swear, I was crying for the first half of it. There were parts that had me happy and laughing and then also mad. My emotions ran the gauntlet, that's for sure. I love reads like this though, where you can really connect with the characters and your heart aches for them, for what the are, or were, going through.

Reece is in her early 20's, and is already a widow. You know that she loved, and still loves, her husband, Derek, so very much. She is lost though without him. She needs to find herself again so that she can start living her life again. She finds this mountain retreat online, and decides to go for it. She became friends, through email, with the female owner Gracie.

Logan is the rough, hot, cowboy, mountain man. He and Reece are so different, but yet they aren't. Both are hurting. They are thrown together on her month long excursion.

Logan and Reece are very explosive together. He is just what she needs to help her start living. She is exactly what he needs, as well

"Love is not linear. It is explosive. It is universal."



Links


Amazon


Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment