Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Takeover Tuesday: Author Nick Mazmanian















Welcome, Nick Mazmanian!!


 I live near a cemetery with my wife and dog. I write stories that interest me and deal with monsters and computers and bizarre things!




Can you share a little of your current work with us?
I am currently working on multiple projects. I currently work on two podcasts (The Bat Fan Show and Four Corners) both of which are on Soundcloud and soon to be on iTunes, I also do short videos for my Youtube channel MustacheVenture, and I am currently working on my second book and blog twice a week; oh, and I sleep somewhere in there.

Who designs your covers?
A very talented artist and friend named Ben Hosac.

Do you have any advice for other writers?
Get yourself a chair that's comfortable, because your ass is going to be in it for a while. Plant it, type words on the screen, and you will soon have something that is worth of being a 1st draft; now toss it and start again.
Don't like that idea? Too bad, because that's how it's going to work.

Do you have any writing rituals or certain things you do to aid your writing process?
I listen to rainymood.com and find music that matches the tone of the scene I am writing. Then I just go for it.

Favorite snack and thing to drink while you write?
Coffee, black, like God intended it to be.




Ebook or Print? 
Print.
Junk Food or Sweets? 
Give me a bag of potato chips and I will give you an empty bag.
Dogs or Cats? 
Dogs.
Tea or Coffee? 
Coffee.
Dark Colors or Light Colors? 
I like the spectrum of light and color that my eye can and cannot see.
Angels or Demons? 
I like not being poked in the ass with a pitchfork, so I'm going with the feathered friends.
Paranormal Romance or Historical Romance? 
Seeing as the closest I've come to either of these genre's is the scene from “Ghostbusters” where Ray has sex with a ghost while dressed in a Napoleonic uniform, I'm going to go with Paranormal Romance.
Boxers or Briefs? 
Boxer briefs, gotta have the support and room.
Control Freak or Careless Jerk? 
Flip a coin on a given day and see what comes up.



Top Five detective TV shows 
Rockford Files 
Murder She Wrote 
Magnum P.I. 
Mike Hammer


Stalk Nick!
Facebook | Website | GR | Twitter
Check out all of Nick 
and come visit her during her takeover August 25
at Rising Indies United @ 6:00pm PST

No comments:

Post a Comment