Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Takeover Tuesday Spotlight: Author Cecilia London



Cecilia London is my pen name. I am a native Midwesterner who never thought I'd end up in Texas and yet here I am, determined to help Keep San Antonio Lame. I have been known to dabble in the practice of law. I can apply Simpsons quotes to everyday life, and I live for baseball season. 



 
Can you share a little of your current work with us?
Right now I’m tidying up the third book in my planned six book saga, Sojourn. If all goes to plan, I will release it in December or January. The first two books, Dissident and Conscience, were released in March and August, respectively.

Who designs your covers?
Right now I do my own. We’ll see how long that lasts!

Do you have any advice for other writers?
You will have your shares of ups and downs. Make sure you have trusted betas and good friends who can be honest with you. Patience is a virtue (and I have none). The most important thing is, no matter what, keep writing.

Do you have any writing rituals or certain things you do to aid your writing process?
I listen to music quite a bit. I write out of order, which has its fair share of difficulties. Sojourn was the first book I actually had to outline because I needed to remind myself of where I needed to fill in the blanks! But parts of my book series are quite dark, so after I’ve written an intense scene, I make sure to go back and write something light. That’s the advantage of writing out of order, LOL.

Favorite snack and thing to drink while you write?
Pink lemonade and Sour Patch Kids.


 
Ebook or Print?
Uh, both? Is that a copout? I love my Kindle but I’d die without physical books.
Junk Food or Sweets?
Sweets. See favorite snack and thing to drink. ;)
Dogs or Cats?
Dogs.
Tea or Coffee?
Tea.
Dark Colors or Light Colors?
Depends on my mood. Usually somewhere in the middle.
Angels or Demons?
Angels.
Paranormal Romance or Historical Romance?
Historicals.
Boxers or Briefs?
Boxers.
Control Freak or Careless Jerk?
Control freak!
 
 
Must read books

The Original Sinners by Tiffany Reisz
The Boss Series by Jenny Trout
Every single Harry Potter book
The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
The President’s Daughter series by Ellen Emerson White

Stalk Cecilia!
Facebook | Website | GR | Twitter 
Check out all of Cecilia's novels 
and come visit her during her takeover November 10
at Rising Indies United @ 11:00am PST

No comments:

Post a Comment