Saturday, August 29, 2015

Interview Spotlight: Author Kathleen Kelly







AUTHOR BIO

Kathleen Kelly was born in Penrith, NSW, Australia. When she was four her family moved to Brisbane, QLD, Australia. Although born in NSW she considers herself a QUEENSLANDER!!

She married her childhood sweetheart and they live in Brisbane with their two furry kids. A British Short Hair called Grace and a Burmese called Jack.

Kathleen enjoys writing contemporary, romance novels with a little bit of erotica. She draws her inspiration from family, friends and the people around her. She can often be found in cafes writing and observing the locals.

If you have any questions about her novels or would like to ask Kathleen a question she can be contacted via e-mail: kathleenkellyauthor@gmail.com or she can be found on Facebook.


 

 
 
INTERVIEW
 
RIU: Hi, Kathleen! Welcome to Rising Indies United. Please tell us a little bit about yourself.

I have been writing full time for just over twelve months. I live in the one of the nicest places in Australia, Brisbane, Queensland. If you love the heat Queensland is definitely for you.
RIU: When did you first begin writing? Did you find it daunting or did you just jump in feet first?
I helped another author out in early 2014 with some of her books. She encouraged me to give my over active imagination full reign so I quit my job and began writing. It was and is very daunting but I did kind of jump in feet first. I love it though, I can’t imagine doing anything else now.
RIU: Where do you find inspiration? And can you tell us about one or more of how you were inspired to write your books?
Inspiration? Lord, it’s all in my head.
RIU: Who have been your biggest supporters?
There are too many blogs to name just one. Without the support of bloggers and fellow authors, I doubt I would have very well.
At home it would definitely be my hubby, he’s my rock.
RIU: What is the hardest part of writing? What is the best part?
Hardest: Making myself sit down and write.
Best: There are times when it flows, those are the best.
RIU: Who has been your biggest influence?
There are many Authors I look up to, who have encouraged me and helped me.
The biggest influence would have to be my PA Maci Dillon. I bounce ideas off her all the time, she’s amazing.
RIU: What is your writing process?
I do a rough outline, chapter by chapter and go from there. It’s easier for me if I have a rough idea of where the story will be going before the voices in my head all start talking at once.
RIU: What advice would you give a new writer?
Be consistent and have a word count and stick to it. Find an Author who is successful in the genre you are writing in and copy every freaking thing they do – not their work, their actions.


RIU: If you could have dinner with any 5 writers (dead or alive) who would they be and why?
 
Gwendolyn Grace – we share the same PA Maci Dillon and she seems like a really nice chick.
JR Ward – I love paranormal and her Black Dagger Brotherhood is my favourite series.
Laurell K Hamilton – Have you read her works? OMG she’s amazing and her personal life is just as interesting.
Lili St Germain – she lives in Australia, so it is do-able and her Gypsy Brothers series is fantastic.
Harlow Brown – she is a very new author. She hasn’t even released her first novel yet but I’ve spoken with her on FB and she’s a really nice person. A sample from her book had me in tears – so looking forward to reading that!
RIU: What can we expect from you in the future?
I have another two more books planned for the Savage Angels MC but I don’t want to say that will be all, sometimes the characters don’t like to be left out.
I am writing a spin-off series to the Savage Angels MC called the Grinders, if you’ve read my works you’ll know it’s going to be a rockstar series.
AND I also have something else planned…but not sharing that yet J
RIU: Thank you for taking the time to talk to us today. Much continued Success!
 
 
AUTHOR LINKS
 
Newsletter: http://eepurl.com/-x035 
Join my Street Team 'Kelly's Angels'
 
BOOK INFORMATION

1st Series - Savage Angels MC
 
Savage Stalker (Savage Angels MC #1)
 

 
Blurb
 
Katarina Saunders. Kat to the world, international rock star. Lead singer for The Grinders.
 
Until she has an accident that ruins her career and sends her running into the mountains, away from everything and everyone.
 
Dane Reynolds, President of the Savage Angels MC. Fierce, strong and loyal. He’s had his eye on Kat for a while now and has been waiting for her to come to him but he’s had enough of waiting. He’s decided it’s time to make her his.
 
But so has her Stalker, he’s been waiting for far too long…
 
Can Dane save Kat? Or will her savage stalker get to her first?
 
 
Savage Fire (Savage Angels MC #2)
 
Released May 29th, 2015
Goodreads: http://bit.ly/1KkEde1


 
Blurb
 
Emily Reynolds, estranged sister to Dane Reynolds, President of the Savage Angels MC, has just lost her father. He was not a caring man and inflicted suffering on his family. Dane abandoned her and her mother years ago, leaving them alone to deal with a brutal man who never showed any love or mercy. Emily wants Dane to feel the pain she felt, she wants him to suffer as she did and decides to make the long drive to see him.

Salvatore Agostino, captain in the Abruzzi crime family is also on his way to see Dane Reynolds. A ruthless businessman, he is fiercely loyal to his family and his men. A chance encounter brings him face to face with Emily.

These two meet and their attraction grows into a love that neither could have anticipated.

Will they be able to overcome the turmoil that awaits them or will their love be destroyed by forces beyond their control?


 
Savage Town (Savage Angels MC #3)
 
Coming September 2015
 
Pre-Order Available
Blurb
 
Tourmaline is set to host the wedding of the century.
 
Everyone is in town to witness rocks' wild child, Kat Saunders, marry Savage Angels MC President, Dane Reynolds.
 
Love is in the air, and even the VP, Jonas, has been roped into helping with the impending nuptials.
 
For a time now, Jonas has kept quiet about his attraction to the beautiful Adelynn but now he's making it his mission to convince her he's a changed man.
 
With all hearts set on a happy ending, all are oblivious to the danger lurking on the outskirts of town.
 
The Savage Angels MC are fierce, loyal and will do anything to protect their own, but what if 'anything' is simply not enough?
 
Visit Tourmaline to experience the gut wrenching, unimaginable danger that threatens to destroy everyone's chance of a happily ever after.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment