Tuesday, January 20, 2015

**Review** Awoken (The Lucidites Book 1) by Sarah Noffke

23505867

Synopsis

Around the world humans are hallucinating after sleepless nights.

In a sterile, underground institute the forecasters keep reporting the same events.

And in the backwoods of Texas, a sixteen-year-old girl is about to be caught up in a fierce, ethereal battle.

Meet Roya Stark. She drowns every night in her dreams, spends her hours reading classic literature to avoid her family’s ridicule, and is prone to premonitions—which are becoming more frequent. And now her dreams are filled with strangers offering to reveal what she has always wanted to know: Who is she? That’s the question that haunts her, and she's about to find out. But will Roya live to regret learning the truth?




4 Stars

This is a good YA read.  I enjoyed reading it.  I did feel like there was more to the beginning.

Roya is a 16 year old girl that doesn't fit in anywhere.  Not even with her family.  She finds out, or discovers, that she is a Dream Walker and is the "chosen one".

She goes through a lot in this book.  She finds out that her whole life is basically a lie and is full of manipulations by the Lucidites. 

I wish Roya's story would have started from the time she started dream walking. 

She has a team that will be there to help her when she is challenging Zhuang.

I really liked all the characters in this story.  The one thing that did get to me and made me scratch my head is Aiden.  We know Roya is 16 and Aiden is older.  Then we find out that he was there, at her "parents" when she was a baby.  I did like Aiden though, but I am Team George.  Roya learns some about her real family and gets a huge surprise.










No comments:

Post a Comment