Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Tuesday Takeover Spotlight Lindsey Iler

*´¨)¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨) Lindsey Iler *´¨)¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)



 



About Lindsey:



Lindsey Iler is the debut author of When Our Worlds Collide, the 1st book in the Our Worlds series. She's had her feet planted in the state of Michigan since she was born and she still lives there with her husband and three kids.

When she's not writing (which should be all the time, so if she's not you have permission to yell at her), she's spending time with family and friends, listening to music, reading (obviously!), and hopefully just enjoying every moment in life. She has a twisted sense of humor, tends to speak honestly, and her mind tends to feel most comfortable in the gutter.

Lindsey writes new adult contemporary romance. She falls in love with every character that pops into her head. She's notorious for writing long chapters in her notes on her iPhone (It is sort embarrassing how many started/unfinished projects are on that thing). She finds inspiration from music and the people around her, so be nice to her or else she might pull a Taylor Swift and write you into her next book.


Q &A:

Can you share a little of your current work with us?
I just recently published my first novel, When Our Worlds Collide. It is the 1st in a series (Our World Series). When Our Worlds Collide is a mature young adult/new adult novel that is set in the crazy world of high school.
 
Who designs your covers?
Christa over at Paper& Sage! She’s amazing!
 
Do you have any advice for other writers?
Write. Write. Write. Even when nothing makes sense, you need to write.
 
Do you have any writing rituals or certain things you do to aid your writing process?
I’m a firm believer of listening to music while I write. Sometimes I don’t know how to convey certain emotions in a scene and all it takes is to hear a certain song and it sort of just flows right out of me.
 
Favorite snack and thing to drink while you write?
Cherry 7up and any kind of candy. I’m also a huge fan of caramel corn.
 
 


This or That:



Ebook or print? Oh no! This is a tough one! I was that person in the beginning of the e-book revolution who refused to buy a Kindle or NOOK because I thought it wouldn’t compare to holding an actual book, made with real paper. Now years later, I’m so glad I bought an e-reader. It introduced me to a lot of indie authors that I may not have ever came across without it. So my answer is both. I still get giddy when I walk into a library and smell the old pages of books.

Junk food or sweets? Give me potato chips all day over chocolate chip cookies.

Dogs or cats? Dogs.

Tea or coffee? Coffee

Dark or light colors? Dark

Angels or demons? Angels, on one condition…they have to be dark!

Paranormal romance or historical romance? Paranormal romance.

Boxers or Briefs? Boxer briefs.

Control Freak or Careless Jerk? Control freak.


Top Five:
Things you really don't need to know about me,
but I'm going to tell you anyway:

 

1) I have twins that were born premature. Scariest day of my life.

2) I sometimes say things that are highly inappropriate, at the wrong time, but I rarely apologize.

3) I don’t believe in soulmates in real life, but I love reading about them in books.

4) I’ve read the Twilight series more times than I like to admit. ;)

5) I’m really bad at remembering people’s names. I’ll recognize your face, but the likelihood of me remembering you name is small. It’s something I’m working on.

Stalk Lindsey

**Make sure to check out all of Lindsey's Novels
and head over to Rising Indies @ 2 pmPST for her takeover**

No comments:

Post a Comment