Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Takeover Tuesday: Tia Silverthorne Bach


Tia Silverthorne Bach has been married to her college sweetheart for twenty years, has three beautiful girls, and adores living in sunny California. Her daughters were born in Chicago, San Diego, and Baltimore; and she feels fortunate to have called many places home. She believes in fairy tales and happy endings and is an avid reader and rabid grammar hound.
 
She is an award-winning, multi-genre author and an Editor for Indie Books Gone Wild. From an early age, she escaped into books and believes they can be the source of healing and strength. If she’s not writing, you can find her on the tennis court, at the movies, reading a good book, or spooning Jif peanut butter right out of the jar.
 
Available Books: Chasing Memories (Tala Prophecy, Book 1), Chasing Shadows (Tala Prophecy, Book 2), Fractured Glass: A Novel Anthology, Depression Cookies (women’s fiction)
Coming Soon: Chasing Destiny (Tala Prophecy, Book 3)

 
Can you share a little of your current work with us?(An excerpt from Chasing Destiny – to be published Summer 2015)
“What your sister did was amazing. She saved us. Was she able to share everything with you?” Reagan asked. Amélie was able to pass a lot of information to Reagan and Winona in a flash, but Reagan wasn’t sure how much Madeleine knew. Or how much more there was to discover.
“Some. I always thought I was the stronger one for leaving. I was wrong.” She walked over to her desk and gave it a hard smack with her hand. “If only I’d stayed, I could’ve spared her so much pain.”
Reagan moved closer to Madeleine. “Would you have been able to change anything? We are all prisoners to our destiny.”
There was a time when Reagan actually spoke like the seventeen-year-old girl she was, but so much had happened in the last six months. Often, even to her, her voice sounded like someone else’s. Someone much older.
Madeleine didn’t respond, and both women knew there was nothing productive about wishing the past was different.
 
Who designs your covers?Jo Michaels

Do you have any advice for other writers?
Trust your gut and trust your characters’ voices. More than that, make time to write. If it’s scheduled and structured, more words will flow. At least in my experience.

Do you have any writing rituals or certain things you do to aid your writing process?
So many of my author friends swear by music, but I need quiet to write. Distraction is not my friend. I need a quiet corner somewhere or headphones. To get in the writing mood, I usually read the last few chapters of my writing to get back into my characters’ heads. It’s probably not the fastest way to write.
Favorite snack and thing to drink while you write?I keep water close by, but I will wait to eat as a break. Otherwise, I’d be writing and mindlessly snacking.
 
 

ebook or print? Print
junk food or sweets? Sweets
dogs or cats? Dogs (I have two lab mixes, Nala & Serabi)
tea or coffee? Tea
dark or light colors? Dark
angels or demons? Angels
paranormal romance or historical romance? Paranormal romance
Boxers or Briefs? Boxers
Control Freak or Careless Jerk? Control freak (if I have to pick)
 
 

My Top Five Favorite Paranormal Creatures
(I love them all, but these are my favorites)
1. Shape-shifters - They have the power and abilities of the animal they shift into (my favorite: wolves), but they have the benefit of shifting back into human form.
2. Angels - Their heritage dates back to the beginning of time. They’ve seen so much and know how far we can fall. Yet, there’s something so beautiful and pure about them.
3. Witches - So often misunderstood and persecuted, mainly because people fear their power. Yet most (at least the ones I write) have an intense love of nature and beauty. They reserve the use of power to overcome evil and help those in need.
4. Mermaids - Although I haven’t about them, one of my favorite movies is Disney’s The Little Mermaid, and as a teenager, I loved Splash. Who hasn’t been enchanted by the ocean and sea creatures at some point? They often have amazing powers of persuasion and the ability to enjoy both land and sea.
5. Vampires - My caveat is that I don’t like the creepy, horrifying version of vampires. Instead, I’m intrigued by the person who was turned against their will yet struggles to overcome the hunger and their fate. Cursed with immortality, they are doomed to either watch their loved ones die or curse them with a similar fate.

Stalk Tia!

Come visit Tia during her takeover
at Rising Indies United @ 10:00am PST
 
 

 
 

1 comment: