Thursday, March 5, 2015

**Release Day Blitz and Review** Life to my Flight by Lani Lynn Vale




Title: Life to My Flight
Series: The Heroes of the Dixie Wardens MC #5
Author: Lani Lynn Vale
 Release Date: March 5, 2015


Synopsis

You’re The Life

Cleo’s a Pararescueman for the U.S. Air Force. When a PJ is called, it’s because everyone else has said no. It’s one of the most dangerous jobs in the entire military, but also one of the most rewarding. It’s the reason he doesn’t form relationships. He’s seen his teammates divorce one by one, and he doesn't want to do that to a woman. Especially one that he’s supposed to love. However, nowhere in his grand scheme did he plan for the force that was Rue.

To My

Rue’s life has been rough. What she needs is a break. One that’ll distract her from the fact that she’s drowning in responsibility. It comes in the form of a dark and dangerous biker who has a habit of putting his life on the line. He gives her the world, and she holds on with both hands, knowing that he only wants to be friends. Or does he?

Flight

Thinking she knows what’s best, she pushes him too far, causing his control to take flight, and Cleo to disappear before the dust settles. One night of passion turns into a year of heartbreak as Rue tries to find the ability to move on from Cleo. He was pretty clear with his wishes, and they didn’t include her.

Cleo’s not through with Rue, though. Not even a little bit. She’ll be his. All it’ll take is a little bit of…persuasion.









Links to Buy

AMAZON US / UK


4 Stars


This is book five in the Heroes of the Dixie Wardens MC.  They don't have to be read in order, but I recommend that you do, just so you have the back story on the other characters.  This is Rue and Cleo's story.

Rue and Cleo met at a cemetery.  He was visiting his mom's grave and Rue was there with her Nonnie, visiting her grandfather's grave.  Nonnie has alzheimers and thought Cleo was her husband.  Cleo and Rue became best friends after that.  But what happens when they both give into their feelings?  And then one takes off for a year, with no communication at all?  And what happens when that person shows back up, a year later, wanting a second chance?

Mikhail "Cleo" Caruso is a parajumper rescuer.  He has seen the marriages of his unit members fall apart and end in divorce because of the job.  He doesn't want to do that to Rue.  She says he is "jaded to love."  He is back now, and will stop at nothing to get her back.

Rue Loden is an ER nurse.  She is finally starting to get her life back together after the night Cleo walked away.  Now all of a sudden he's back.  It makes all the feelings of hurt, love, being mad at him come back.  She wants to stay mad, but she really can't.  On top of this, threats are being made to her and they don't know who is behind it.

"I'm the type of girl who's always going to have her thighs touching.  I don't have any willpower when it comes to donuts.  I don't have willpower against carbonated beverages.  And I certainly like bread too much.  I like sitting on the couch watching re-runs of Dancing With The Stars and NCIS.  I like sleeping in on my days off.  I just wanted you to know what you were getting into.  Y' know, just in case you need to get out now while you can.  So I don't invest myself in this and you leave like you did last time.  I can't do it again.  If you're planning on leaving, I need you to leave now before I become too involved.  Before I start to care too much." ~Rue

"I don't know where this is going to lead," he said as he licked his lips.  "I'm not a mind reader.  I'm not a psychic.  What I do know, though, is that I want you.  You kept me alive when I needed you the most.  I may not have had you there in body, but you were in my soul.  You're mine, and I'm yours.  Let's just leave it at that.  No labels.  I'd never hurt you on purpose.  I swear." ~Cleo

I really like both of these characters. 

Just like in the previous books, I loved the little quotes, or sayings, at the beginning of every chapter.

"Treat your woman like a princess, and fuck her like a whore."

There was a part that had my eyes leaking some.  I won't go into detail about it because I hate giving things away.  I will say that it had to do with Tunnel's daughter. 

I can't wait till the next book!







Also Available


AMAZON US / UK
KOBO / B&N



AMAZON US / UK



AMAZON US / UK
KOBO / B&N



AMAZON US / UK






Author Bio

I’m a married mother of three. My kids are all under 5, so I can assure you that they are a handful. I’ve been with my paramedic husband now for ten years, and we’ve produced three offspring that are nothing like us. I live in the greatest state in the world, Texas.



Author Links

Giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment