Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Tuesday Takeover Spotlight: L.B. Dunbar



L.B. Dunbar loves to read to the point it might be classified as an addiction. The past few years especially she has relished the many fabulous YA authors, the new genre of New Adult, traditional romances, and historical romances. A romantic at heart, she’s been accused of having an overactive imagination, as if that was a bad thing. Author of the Sensations Collection, Sound Advice, Taste Test, Fragrance Free, Touch Screen, and the upcoming Sight Words, she is also author of the Legendary Rock Star series, beginning with The Legend of Arturo King. When not writing, she’s usually driving one of her four growing children somewhere. She grew up in Michigan, but has lived in Chicago for longer, calling it home with her husband and children.


Can you share a little of your current work with us?
Currently, I am editing The Story of Lansing Lotte. This story is the continuation of The Legend of Arturo King in which something tragic has happened at the end of Arturo’s story and Lansing’s picks up the next day. From Lansing Lotte’s perspective, you’ll see him coping with the questions of his band, The Nights, as well as his near-to-boiling desire for Guinevere, his best friend’s girl. Lansing is quite the ladies’ man earning him the nickname the Lady Killer. Women are faithfully obsessed woman with him, but he’s only wanted one woman ever. Then he meets someone in his attempts to be a good guy when most things he does are so wrong, and the course of history is altered forever

Here’s a blurb…
I get it. I’ve heard the jokes. My name sounds like some medieval character who was a hero. Hell, my best friend’s named Arturo King. Ring any medieval bells? But this is my story and I’m no hero. I also get the jokes. Lancelot is a play on the words lance and lot. A lance refers to a sword, which is a euphemism for dick. What does a man do with his dick? He fucks. A lot. So, if my name is Lansing Lotte, I must be fucking a lot. Get it? Fucking. A lot. Which I’m not saying I don’t. That’s not the point. Another reference to something sexual. Get my point? Huh, I made a punny. But again, this is my story, and I haven’t done anything funny. In fact, I’ve killed three women, and only one of them I loved. Yeah, that’s right. Not laughing now. It’s not funny. I’m definitely no fucking hero.

Who designs your covers?
Kari Ayasha at Cover to Cover Designs - aren’t they gorgeous?

Do you have any advice for other writers?
Tons - but first is write from your heart...then research this indie world. Get to know bloggers and attend takeovers. Ask questions - most indie authors are willing to help newbies.

Do you have any writing rituals or certain things you do to aid your writing process?
I wish I did, but I don’t. I like to listen to music before or after I’ve written something and it might sway a scene. I mainly write when I can, when the idea hits.

Favorite snack and thing to drink while you write?
As my fingers are busy typing, I don’t really have a favorite snack or drink while writing. However, I love Coca-cola and popcorn either before or after I write.


eBook or print?
  I still LOVE paperbacks but I have succumb to reading solely on my ereader. It’s more convenient and the books are cheaper. If I really love a book, I might buy it in paperback AFTER I read it on my ipad.
Junk food or sweets? - Aren’t they the same? LOL - I love junk food like popcorn, chips, salsa, but I love, love, love cookies. It was my first word, my mother told me.
Dogs or cats?
Uhm...neither really, but if I had to choose, it would be dog.
Tea or coffee?
Tea - I cannot stand the smell of coffee. I don’t really drink tea that often, but I do like it.
Dark or light colors?
Light. I love lavender/lilac, yellow, orange and pink. 
Angels or demons?
 Oh boy….who doesn’t like a little demon who’s really an angel underneath.
Paranormal romance or historical romance?
A few years ago I would have said paranormal hands down. I loved Twilight, but now I would say historical. About a year or so ago I rediscovered it through Sarah MacLean and it was an instant love affair with her books.
Boxers or Briefs?
Boxer briefs...sigh...so sexy.
Control Freak or Careless Jerk?
Neither really but...I’d like the control if it is only because he loves the heroine so much it’s more about possession and loyalty. Unless you are talking about me, then total control freak. LOL

Must read books:
Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald
Shakespeare
that’s only four, and probably not what you were expecting. But if you want MUST reads, this is my list.

Stalk L,B!
Facebook | Website | Twitter | GR

**Make sure to check out all of L.B. Dunbar's Novels 
and don t forget to head over to Rising Indies United @ 6 pm PST for her Takeover**

No comments:

Post a Comment