Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Tuesday Takeover Spotlight: Ashleigh Giannoccaro




I live in South Africa just outside of Johannesburg in a gated community that looks like a scene from the step ford wives. I am married to my high school sweetheart and have two girls that are the cutest writers block that ever lived. I have a very unhealthy dependency on coffee, i wont eat purple sweets and could happily live without chocolate, but not my kindle. When I am not writing I am reading, and reading and reading - I read a lot and i think I will always be reader first and writer second. 

I love to travel all over my stunning country and am blessed to able to do it often. I have two pet Meerkats that i have had since they were only days old. 

I am slightly obsessed with serial killer and other strange Tv shows and would seriously date Dexter if he asked me out, he could even cling wrap me I would be cool with it. 




Can you share a little of your current work with us? I am currently working on Transparent a novella in the ocular series. This is Renzo’s story…
                                            Chapter One ~ Transparent Copyright © A.Giannoccaro 2015

                                                           UNEDITED AND SUBJECT TO CHANE

                                                          Truth and Lies and what lies between

                                                                                 Renzo.

You think you know me, you think you understand the devil that took her from you all. You know nothing about me. There are truths that no one will ever know because everyone that had the truth in them is dead. Not even she knew the truth. No one will ever understand why I am this way, or why I did what I did to her and our children. I dont want redemption or forgiveness I know I am past that point I am going to hell. Now that she is gone I though I would be better, that it would fix me. It didnt now I am here with my new fiancé and she is every thing I could want. I dont hurt her, I dont take from her. She gives me everything without even having to ask, but I have nothing left to give in return. I died with Ellia, the bullet that took her away killed me too.
As I sit here waiting for Callum OReilly to come and finally put an end to my miserable life it struck me that no one will ever know why.
The story started with me, not her. It was my mother, me and Mick Spillane that started this hell on earth. One man and another mans wife. Three children who suffered and paid for their sins. Each one of us paid ten fold.

Who designs your covers?
The cover of my first book Colour My Ugly was a custom photograph taken by Mike Brits Photography and features the stunning Bex Cision. The cover needed to be very specific to the story and Mike just gets how my mind works.

The cover for Monochrome My Madness was designed by the amazing Cassy Roop of Pink Ink Designs, she also formatted the interior of the book.

Do you have any advice for other writers?
I think I am too new to be giving advice just yet lol... best advice get yourself an amazing team of Beta readers!!

Do you have any writing rituals or certain things you do to aid your writing process?
Coffee lots and lots of coffee and good music.

Favorite snack and thing to drink while you write?
Coffee... I may have a very unhealthy coffee addiction



eBook or print?
eBook

Junk food or sweets?
 Junk food

Dogs or cats?
Dogs

Tea or coffee?
COFFEE COFEEEEEEEE

Dark or light colors?
Light

Angels or demons?
Angelic Demons?

Paranormal romance or historical romance?
 Neither!

Boxers or Briefs?
Breifs

Control Freak or Careless Jerk?
Careless Jerk



Must read books:
Consequences by Aleatha Romig
The Decimation of Mae by DH Sidebottom
Empathy Series by Ker Dukey
Monsters in The Dark Series by Pepper Winters
The Summer Remains by Seth King

 
Stalk Ashleigh!

**Make sure to check out all of Ashleigh's Novels 
and don t forget to head over to Rising Indies United @ 10 am PST for her Takeover**


No comments:

Post a Comment